We developed this list of helpful resources to easily share with you our most recommended tools of the trade. You can always come here for the best tools for your computer and I recommend bookmarking it for quick reference. We only recommend tools that we have actually used and use ourselves and do this because they are extremely useful, not because of the small commissions we receive if you decided to purchase something. With that in mind, please do not purchase anything if you do not feel you need it, or better yet ask us about it and we could tell you what would be best for you.
- Lastpass I cannot count the number of times I have had a client tell me they cannot remember their password. I’ve seen everything from sticky notes, to loose sheets of paper and for the more organized, an entire notebook dedicated to website login information. Now these are all better than leaving them up to memory; however, none of these are very efficient and most methods are very insecure. I won’t even mention how many times I’ve seen someone use the same login information for every website they use. Lastpass allows you to store all of your site login information and provides access in your browser or mobile device.
Cloud Storage and Backup
- Dropbox -?Collaboration and Cloud File Storage – We use DropBox every day in our business and even for our personal files. It replaced our “My Documents” folder and allows us to easily access our files across multiple devices and share and collaborate on projects we are working out.?
- BackBlaze – Unlimited Cloud Backup – We use MagnusBox for backing up all of our workstations. It works on both PC and Mac and automatically backs up all data to the cloud.
- Carbonite Office?Business backup plans with automatic cloud backup for computers, and both local and cloud protection of server data, our backup & disaster recovery solutions are engineered for the needs of small businesses.
- Carbonite Home Personal plans for or photos, music and other home office and family files.
Utilities and Protection
- Google Chrome –?Safe and Secure web browsing
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -?Malware Protection – We have been using Malwarebytes for several years now and we recommend it to all of our clients. It can be used in conjunction with virus protection and often catches many malicious items that your antivirus software misses. It is a must have and for the price, it is a no brainer.
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware – Highly recommended, outstanding malware and virus protection for PC. Ask us about our special pricing on?our 3 PC package.
- Disk Drill -?Recover accidentally deleted files